McCann Leeds celebrates Creative Courage at unique event
Published on November 7, 2019
McCann teams up with Channel 4 and Prolific North
McCann Leeds, in collaboration with Prolific North and Channel 4, welcomed almost 300 people to celebrate and inspire creative courage at an inspiring event last week.
On Thursday 28th November, ‘Creative Courage’ explored the power of creativity in driving change through a range of rousing speakers including; Channel 4’s Sinead Rocks, Commonwealth Games’ Martin Green CBE and Chair of Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership, Roger Marsh.
Bringing together the impressive line-up was McCann Leeds Managing Partners Olly Sowden and Gavin Shore.
Olly commented: “The North has a proud history of creativity and this event is an exploration and celebration of the power it has to change things for the better. Our speakers have one thing in common – they all believe creativity fuels optimism, prosperity and people.
“But we all know that in this digital-first, throw-away society, it’s so easy to be vanilla. So, this isn’t just about creativity, it’s about having the belief and courage to stand-up and stand-out.”
The full speaker line-up for the event included:
- Sinead Rocks, Managing Director for Nations & Regions, Channel 4
- Roger Marsh OBE – Chair of Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership and NP11
- Martin Green CBE - Chief Creative Officer, Birmingham Commonwealth Games
- Danny Blackburn – Content Director, Sticky Eyes
- Vince McSweeney – Chief Creative Officer, McCann Central
- Gavin Shore – Executive Creative Director, McCann Leeds
- Kay Heenan – Marketing & Awards Senior Executive, IPA
- Mark Broughton-Foxhall – Board Director Planning & Strategy, McCann Central
Olly added: “As relative newcomers to the city of Leeds, we were blown away with the response to our event. The feedback to the content and the format has been incredible and we look forward to turning Creative Courage into an ongoing series that brings together the marketing and creative community to celebrate and exchange ideas.”